Don’t worry, Mom and Dad. I might have a real job soon.
Just heard back from the job interview that I had for a teaching position overseas, and they’ll schedule me for a second interview, and if that goes well too, then I’ll be moving to China at the end of the summer. Oh my golly!
Things That I Shall Do While I Am in England
- Drink all of their tea.
- Walk along Birmingham’s canals.
- Watch Doctor Who.
- Get caught in the rain.
- Try my hardest not to fake my friends’ accents.
- Drink more tea.
- Wander through the city centre.
- Go shopping at the markets.
- Use as much British slang as my heart desires.
- Watch a sunset.
- Watch a sunrise.
- Have a picnic in the countryside.
- Go on adventures.
- Stay up all night with my friends, just catching up on each others’ lives.
- Smile all the time.
- Call cookies “biscuits” and use the letter u to spell words like favourite and colour.
- Eat English chocoloate and millionaire shortbread and treacle tart and scones and crumpets.
- Spend every possible moment with my friends.
- Have a nice (vegetarian) English breakfast.
- Savour every second, every raindrop, every breath of fresh English air.
It’s going to be amazing! My flight takes off tonight at 7:45 Eastern time, and I already am sick with excitement! #flygraine